Midwest Community Alcohol and Drug Service (MWCADS)
WA Country Health Service
Ph: 1800 051 999
VSU incident reporting and response
The Volatile Substance Use Incident Reporting and Response system is currently in place in the Midwest region. The Central Coordinating Agency (CCA) is the Midwest Community Alcohol and Drug Service (MWCADS).
For more information, see the VSU incident report and response page of this website. If you require hard copies of the information booklet, protocols poster or the Midwest VSU Incident Report Form, please contact the MWCADS.
VSU Working Groups in the Midwest
The MWCADS supports towns and communities across the Midwest to establish local VSU Working Groups as needed, to reduce the incidence of VSU. This is achieved through the development and implementation of a VSU Management Plan comprised of the following initiatives:
- promotion of the VSU incident reporting and response system
- distribution of information resources to retailers, industry & contractors and tourists
- supporting the engagement of users into recreational/cultural activities, schooling and/or employment and training opportunities
- support for surrounding communities wishing to also develop local VSU management plans
- education and training for a broad range of stakeholders
- a media strategy (where relevant) to encourage the responsible reporting of VSU issues