Kimberley Community Alcohol and Drug Service (KCADS)
WA Country Health Service
Ph: (08) 9194 2317
VSU incident reporting and response
The Volatile Substance Use Incident Reporting and Response system is currently in place in the Kimberley region. The Central Coordinating Agency (CCA) is the Kimberley Community Alcohol and Drug Service (KCADS).
For more information, see the VSU incident report and response page of this website. If you require hard copies of the information booklet, protocols poster or the Kimberley VSU Incident Report Form, please contact the KCADS.
VSU Working Groups in the Kimberley
The KCADS supports Kimberley towns and communities to establish local VSU Working Groups as needed, to reduce the incidence of VSU. This is achieved through the development and implementation of a VSU Management Plan comprised of the following initiatives:
- promotion of the VSU incident reporting and response system
- distribution of information resources to retailers, industry & contractors and tourists
- supporting the engagement of users into recreational/cultural activities, schooling and/or employment and training opportunities
- support for surrounding communities wishing to also develop local VSU management plans
- education and training for a broad range of stakeholders
- a media strategy (where relevant) to encourage the responsible reporting of VSU issues