For workers/service providers
As volatile substance use (VSU) requires a different approach from most of the more commonly used drugs, it is important for workers who come into contact with volatile substance users or have a role in responding to VSU-related issues, to seek evidence-based information and education about VSU.
Information which may be of interest to workers and service providers includes:
- information about volatile substances and the effects of VSU
- signs of intoxication and intoxication management
- harms associated with VSU
- harm reduction strategies
- best practice approaches to addressing VSU
- prevalence and patterns of use (to provide a broad picture of VSU in Australia, WA and locally).
For further information and support, contact the Volatile Substance Program at the Mental Health Commission.